The active ingredient has extensively been proven by medical professionals to be effective and safe.➡Schwartz SR, Magit AE, Rosenfeld RM, et al. Clinical Practice Guideline (Update): Earwax (Cerumen Impaction). Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery 2017; 156 :(1S)S1-S29.
evaQwaxTM Ear Spray has been formulated to maintain the normal characteristics of the ear canal, in order to avoid further complications.
How does it work?
When sprayed into the ear canal, evaQwaxTM releases oxygen, and the bubbles in the liquid break the earwax plug down into small fragments.
Furthermore, thanks to the product’s aqueous characteristics, the fragments are dissolved into even smaller particles, which may leave the ear spontaneously or be removed more easily by your doctor, if manual intervention is deemed necessary.
evaQwaxTM is oil-free.
The product drains away without leaving unpleasant oily residues. Unlike seawater and other saline solutions, evaQwaxTM helps to maintain the physiological pH of the ear.➡Roland et al. Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery (2008) 139, S1-S21
evaQwaxTM comes in a 45 ml bottle with a dispensing device.
The active ingredient is hydrogen peroxide.
This works by releasing oxygen, which breaks the earwax down into smaller fragments that are easier to remove. It may also prevent the need for ear irrigation (syringing).
evaQwaxTM is applied using a dispensing pump specially designed for use in the outer ear canal, as shown in the diagram.
Tilt your head forwards and gently pull your ear backwards.
Carefully place the applicator in the outer ear canal and press 5 times. Keep your head tilted forwards for about 5 minutes.
Turn your head in the opposite direction to allow the liquid to drain and dry. Hold a bowl or towel under your ear as the solution drains.
Clean the applicator with water and dry it. Keep it for future applications.
Do not use evaQwaxTM:
- if you are allergic to hydrogen peroxide;
- if you are suffering from dizziness or any form of otitis (for example; pain, infection, discharge, etc.);
- if you have, or suspect that you may have, a perforated eardrum/an eardrum-related impairment; or
- if you suffer from tinnitus and/or have a history of hearing problems
Precautions and possible side effects:
- evaQwaxTM will not interact with any other product or medicine that you may be taking.
- However, do not use it with any other ear product at the same time.
- The release of oxygen may cause a temporary bubbling sensation.
- It has been reported that ear solutions may cause discomfort, hearing loss, dizziness, skin irritation, and tinnitus.
- Do not drive or use machines if you experience these effects.
- Stop using evaQwax if painful or if sensitivities occur.
- Do not refill the container.
- This product may stain clothing.
- In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water.
- Do not swallow.